[Home] [Health Retreat] [Article] [Weight Loss] [Fasting] [Location Map] [FAQ] [Rates] [Pictures]
Dr. Cinque's Facts about Fasting
Definition: "Fasting is the complete abstinence from all substances except pure water, in an environment of total rest."
These are some of the benefits of fasting, according to Dr. Ralph Cinque, who has experience with full-time therapeutic fasting supervision since 1976.
Health Benefits of Fasting
1. Fasting initiates rapid weight loss with little or no hunger. Most people are surprised at how little desire for food they have while fasting.
2. Fasting promotes detoxification. As the body breaks down its fat reserves, it mobilizes and eliminates stored toxins.
3. Fasting gives the digestive system a much-needed rest. After fasting, both digestion and elimination are invigorated.
4. Fasting promotes the resolution of inflammatory processes, such as in rheumatoid arthritis.
5. Fasting quiets allergic reactions, including asthma and hay fever.
6. Fasting promotes the drying up of abnormal fluid accumulations, such as edema in the ankles and legs and swelling in the abdomen.
7. Fasting corrects high blood pressure without drugs. Fasting will normalize blood pressure in the vast majority of cases, the blood pressure will remain low after the fast, if the person follows a health-supporting diet and lifestyle.
8. Fasting makes it easy to overcome bad habits and addictions. Many people have overcome tobacco and alcohol addictions by fasting, and even drug addictions. Fasting rapidly dissipates the craving for nicotine, alcohol, caffeine and other drugs.
9. Fasting clears the skin and whitens the eyes. It is common to see skin eruptions clear while fasting, and the whites of the eyes never look so clear and bright as they do after fasting.
10. Fasting restores taste appreciation for wholesome natural foods. People say that their taste buds come alive after fasting and that food never tasted so good.
11. Fasting increases the acuity of other senses as well, including hearing and smell, and sometimes even vision. Fasting can sharpen the mind too.
12. Fasting is the perfect gateway to a healthful diet and lifestyle. Going on a fast gives you the motivation and enthusiasm to make a fresh start.
[Home] [Health Retreat] [Article] [Weight Loss] [Fasting] [Location Map] [FAQ] [Pictures]
|Dr. Cinque's Health Retreat - a residential facility for weight loss and health improvement located in central Texas, south of Austin. Organic fruits and vegetables, vegan diet, fasting and juice programs, rapid weight loss, fasting to overcome addictions, detoxification, rejuvenation, therapeutic fasting, exercise, massage, rest and relaxation, peace and quiet in a homey environment with much personal attention and affordable rates.
|Dr. Cinque's Health Retreat
Fasting - Detoxification - Juice Diets - Vegan Diets
Health Improvement - Addictions - Weightloss
305 Verdin Drive,
Copyright © Ralph Cinque. All rights reserved. http://www.drcinque.com