[Home] [Health Retreat] [Article] [Weight Loss] [Fasting] [Location Map] [FAQ] [Rates] [Pictures]
Dr. Cinque's Facts about Fasting
Definition: "Fasting is the complete abstinence from all food but not water, preferably in a restful setting.."
These are some of the benefits of fasting, according to Dr. Ralph Cinque, who has been supervising fasting since 1976.
Health Benefits of Fasting
1. Fasting initiates rapid weight loss with little or no hunger. Most people are surprised at how little hunger they have while fasting. The ketosis of fasting obliterates hunger.
2. Fasting promotes detoxification. As the body breaks down fat, it mobilizes and eliminates stored toxins.
3. Fasting gives the digestive system a much-needed rest. After fasting, both digestion and elimination are improved.
4. Fasting promotes the resolution of inflammatory processes, while it also relieves edema just about anywhere. You can think of fasting as a natural diuretic because it is.
5. Fasting quiets allergic reactions, including asthma and hay fever.
6. Fasting promotes the drying up of abnormal fluid accumulations, such as swelling in the ankles and legs and swelling in the abdomen.
7. Fasting lowers high blood pressure naturally and without drugs. In most cases, fasting will normalize blood pressure, and often in less than a week of fasting. And, the blood pressure will remain low after the fast, if the person eats correctly and avoids bad habits.
8. Fasting makes it easy to overcome bad habits and addictions. Many people have overcome tobacco and alcohol addictions by fasting, and even drug addictions. Fasting rapidly reduces the craving for nicotine, alcohol, caffeine and other drugs.
9. Fasting clears the skin and whitens the eyes. It is common to see skin eruptions clear while fasting, and the whites of the eyes never look so clear and bright as they do after fasting.
10. Fasting restores taste appreciation for wholesome natural foods. People say that their taste buds come alive after fasting and that food never tasted so good.
11. Fasting increases the acuity of other senses as well, including hearing and smell, and sometimes even vision. Fasting can sharpen the mind too.
12. Fasting is the perfect gateway to a healthful diet and lifestyle. Going on a fast gives you the motivation and enthusiasm to make a fresh start, a new beginning in your lifestyle.
[Home] [Health Retreat] [Article] [Weight Loss] [Fasting] [Location Map] [FAQ] [Pictures]
|Dr. Cinque's Health Retreat - a residential facility for weight loss and health improvement located in central Texas, south of Austin. Organic fruits and vegetables, vegan diet, fasting and juice programs, rapid weight loss, fasting to overcome addictions, detoxification, rejuvenation, therapeutic fasting, exercise, massage, rest and relaxation, peace and quiet in a homey environment with much personal attention and affordable rates.
|Dr. Cinque's Health Retreat
Fasting - Detoxification - Juice Diets - Vegan Diets
Health Improvement - Addictions - Weightloss
305 Verdin Drive,
Copyright © Ralph Cinque. All rights reserved. http://www.drcinque.com